By Jacco Bomhoff
Read or Download Balancing Constitutional Rights: The Origins and Meanings of Postwar Legal Discourse (Cambridge Studies in Constitutional Law) PDF
Best constitutional law books
Even though asylum has generated exceptional degrees of public and political problem over the last decade, there was astonishingly little box learn at the subject. this can be a research of the criminal strategy of claiming asylum from an anthropological point of view, concentrating on the function of professional proof from 'country specialists' resembling anthropologists.
Incapacity hate crimes are a world challenge. they can be violent and hyper-aggressive, with life-changing results on sufferers, they usually ship constant messages of intolerance and bigotry. This ground-breaking publication exhibits that incapacity hate crimes do exist, that they've specific features which distinguish them from different hate crimes, and that more desirable rules and practices can and has to be built to reply and forestall them.
Within the final fifteen years constitutional matters in regards to the rights of gays, lesbians and same-sex have emerged on a world scale. The velocity of popularity in their basic rights, either at judicial and legislative point, has dramatically elevated throughout various jurisdictions, reflecting a becoming consensus towards sexual orientation equality.
In recent times, political philosophers have debated no matter if human rights are a unique classification of ethical rights all of us own just by advantage of our universal humanity and that are common in time and house, or whether or not they are primarily glossy political constructs outlined via the position they play in a global legal-political perform that regulates the connection among the governments of sovereign states and their voters.
- Essays on Constitutional Law
- Racial Subordination in Latin America: The Role of the State, Customary Law, and the New Civil Rights Response
- American Constitutionalism, Marriage, and the Family: Obergefell v. Hodges and U.S. v. Windsor in Context
- Revival: National Law and International Human Rights Law (2001): Cases of Botswana, Namibia and Zimbabwe (Law, Social Change and Development)
- The Burqa Affair Across Europe: Between Public and Private Space (Cultural Diversity and Law in Association with RELIGARE)
- New Constitutionalism and World Order
Extra info for Balancing Constitutional Rights: The Origins and Meanings of Postwar Legal Discourse (Cambridge Studies in Constitutional Law)
Balancing Constitutional Rights: The Origins and Meanings of Postwar Legal Discourse (Cambridge Studies in Constitutional Law) by Jacco Bomhoff