By Steve Ellis,Alan Farmer
Enhance and extend your scholars' wisdom and figuring out in their AQA breadth learn via professional narrative, revolutionary abilities improvement and bespoke essays from top historians on key debates.
- Builds scholars' figuring out of the occasions and problems with the interval with authoritative, well-researched narrative that covers the specification content
- Introduces the main recommendations of switch, continuity, reason and outcome, encouraging scholars to make comparisons throughout time as they strengthen in the course of the course
- Improves scholars' talents in tackling interpretation questions and essay writing by way of supplying transparent information and perform activities
- Boosts scholars' interpretative talents and curiosity in heritage via prolonged analyzing possibilities including particularly commissioned essays from working towards historians on correct debates
- Cements knowing of the large concerns underpinning the interval with overviews of the foremost questions, end-of-chapter summaries and diagrams that double up as convenient revision aids
Read or Download AQA A-level History: The Quest for Political Stability: Germany 1871-1991 (Aqa a Level History) PDF
Best uk history books
This groundbreaking examine deals a surely multidisciplinary exploration of cultural impacts on overseas coverage. via an leading edge mixture of ancient research, neoclassical realist conception, and cultural experiences, Amelia Hadfield-Amkhan exhibits how nationwide identification has been a catalyst for British international coverage judgements, supporting the nation to either outline and guard itself.
The 12 months 1856 observed the 1st obligatory Police Act in England (and Wales). Over the following thirty years a category society got here to be policed by means of a mostly working-class police. This publication, first released in 1984, strains the method wherein males made themselves into policemen, translating principles approximately paintings and servitude, approximately neighborhood govt and native group, servitude and the ideologies of legislations and significant executive, into units of private ideals.
Many of us take with no consideration their annual weeks within the solar or weekend away in a humming urban, yet how did all of it occur? How did we fall in love with package deal vacation trips and are we nonetheless in love with them now? the tale of the way we received into the package deal vacation behavior is an interesting one. It’s not only approximately planes and inns but additionally approximately us, because the vacations we take mirror the folk we're, or aspire to be.
Keswick within the nice warfare is a professional account of this Lake District industry town's interesting, but mostly forgotten, contribution to the nice warfare attempt from the outbreak of battle in 1914, to the long-awaited Allied victory in 1918. It charts the notable, and occasionally relocating, tales of numerous heroic neighborhood figures, together with Lord and woman Rochdale, who switched over their domestic right into a VAD health facility; Caleb Barnes, a former headteacher of Braithwaite fundamental university who was once taken prisoner in Belgium; Catherine Elizabeth Marshall, supporter of The No-Conscription Fellowship, whose husband, the chairman of the NCF, used to be imprisoned in 1916; and Reverend Bettison, Curate of Crosthwaite, who was once mobilised on four August 1914 and despatched to Burma in October 1914.
- Richmond Unchained: The Biography of the World's First Black Sporting Superstar
- A History of Sunderland
- Law, Liberty and the Constitution: A Brief History of the Common Law
- The Independence of Scotland: Self-Government and the Shifting Politics of Union
Extra resources for AQA A-level History: The Quest for Political Stability: Germany 1871-1991 (Aqa a Level History)
AQA A-level History: The Quest for Political Stability: Germany 1871-1991 (Aqa a Level History) by Steve Ellis,Alan Farmer