By Alan Farmer
Give your scholars the simplest probability of good fortune with this attempted and verified sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to background is the most well-liked, depended on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level heritage students.
- helps the content material and evaluate necessities of the 2015 A-level background specifications
- comprises authoritative and interesting content
- contains thought-provoking key debates that study the opposing perspectives and techniques of historians
- offers exam-style questions and counsel for every appropriate specification to aid scholars know the way to use what they've got learnt
This identify is acceptable for various classes including:
- Edexcel: The Witchcraze in Britain, Europe and North the United States c1580-c1750
- OCR: pop culture and the Witchcraze of the sixteenth and seventeenth Centuries
Read or Download Access to History: The Witchcraze of the 16th and 17th Centuries PDF
Similar uk history books
This groundbreaking research deals a really multidisciplinary exploration of cultural impacts on overseas coverage. via an cutting edge mix of historic research, neoclassical realist conception, and cultural reports, Amelia Hadfield-Amkhan exhibits how nationwide identification has been a catalyst for British international coverage judgements, supporting the nation to either outline and shield itself.
The yr 1856 observed the 1st obligatory Police Act in England (and Wales). Over the subsequent thirty years a category society got here to be policed through a principally working-class police. This ebook, first released in 1984, strains the method in which males made themselves into policemen, translating rules approximately paintings and servitude, approximately neighborhood govt and native neighborhood, servitude and the ideologies of legislations and crucial executive, into units of non-public ideals.
Many of us take with no consideration their annual weeks within the sunlight or weekend away in a humming urban, yet how did all of it take place? How did we fall in love with package deal vacation trips and are we nonetheless in love with them now? the tale of the way we acquired into the package deal vacation behavior is an engaging one. It’s not only approximately planes and motels but in addition approximately us, because the vacations we take replicate the folks we're, or aspire to be.
Keswick within the nice struggle is a professional account of this Lake District marketplace town's attention-grabbing, but mostly forgotten, contribution to the nice struggle attempt from the outbreak of battle in 1914, to the long-awaited Allied victory in 1918. It charts the outstanding, and infrequently relocating, tales of a number of heroic neighborhood figures, together with Lord and girl Rochdale, who switched over their domestic right into a VAD clinic; Caleb Barnes, a former headteacher of Braithwaite basic university who was once taken prisoner in Belgium; Catherine Elizabeth Marshall, supporter of The No-Conscription Fellowship, whose husband, the chairman of the NCF, used to be imprisoned in 1916; and Reverend Bettison, Curate of Crosthwaite, who was once mobilised on four August 1914 and despatched to Burma in October 1914.
- Stories from Home: English Domestic Interiors, 1750–1850 (History of Retailing and Consumption)
- Monuments and Memory in Early Modern England: 0
- A History of Women in Ireland, 1500-1800 (Women And Men In History)
- Persuading John Bull: Union and Confederate Propaganda in Britain, 1860–65
- The Spanish Armada of 1588: Historiography and Annotated Bibliography (Bibliographies of Battles and Leaders)
Extra info for Access to History: The Witchcraze of the 16th and 17th Centuries
Access to History: The Witchcraze of the 16th and 17th Centuries by Alan Farmer