By Michael Scott-Baumann
Endorsed for Edexcel.
Give your scholars the simplest probability of luck with this attempted and verified sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to historical past is the most well-liked, relied on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level historical past students.
- helps the content material and evaluation standards of the 2015 A-level historical past specifications
- comprises authoritative and fascinating content
- comprises thought-provoking key debates that learn the opposing perspectives and ways of historians
- presents exam-style questions and assistance for every proper specification to aid scholars know how to use what they've got learnt
This identify is appropriate for numerous classes including:
- Edexcel: Protest, Agitation and Parliamentary Reform in Britain, c.1780-1928
Read or Download Access to History: Protest, Agitation and Parliamentary Reform in Britain 1780-1928 for Edexcel PDF
Best uk history books
This groundbreaking learn deals a really multidisciplinary exploration of cultural affects on overseas coverage. via an cutting edge mix of historic research, neoclassical realist thought, and cultural experiences, Amelia Hadfield-Amkhan indicates how nationwide identification has been a catalyst for British international coverage judgements, assisting the kingdom to either outline and shield itself.
The yr 1856 observed the 1st obligatory Police Act in England (and Wales). Over the subsequent thirty years a category society got here to be policed by means of a principally working-class police. This e-book, first released in 1984, lines the method through which males made themselves into policemen, translating principles approximately paintings and servitude, approximately neighborhood executive and native group, servitude and the ideologies of legislation and vital executive, into units of private ideals.
Many of us take with no consideration their annual weeks within the solar or weekend away in a humming urban, yet how did all of it occur? How did we fall in love with package deal vacation trips and are we nonetheless in love with them now? the tale of ways we acquired into the package deal vacation behavior is an engaging one. It’s not only approximately planes and hotels but in addition approximately us, because the vacation trips we take mirror the folks we're, or aspire to be.
Keswick within the nice battle is knowledgeable account of this Lake District industry town's attention-grabbing, but mostly forgotten, contribution to the good struggle attempt from the outbreak of warfare in 1914, to the long-awaited Allied victory in 1918. It charts the amazing, and infrequently relocating, tales of a number of heroic neighborhood figures, together with Lord and woman Rochdale, who switched over their domestic right into a VAD sanatorium; Caleb Barnes, a former headteacher of Braithwaite fundamental university who used to be taken prisoner in Belgium; Catherine Elizabeth Marshall, supporter of The No-Conscription Fellowship, whose husband, the chairman of the NCF, used to be imprisoned in 1916; and Reverend Bettison, Curate of Crosthwaite, who was once mobilised on four August 1914 and despatched to Burma in October 1914.
- Setting Priorities in the Age of Austerity: British, French, and German Experiences
- History+ for Edexcel A Level: Nationalism, dictatorship and democracy in twentieth-century Europe
- Theorist of Maritime Strategy: Sir Julian Corbett and his Contribution to Military and Naval Thought (Corbett Centre for Maritime Policy Studies Series)
- The Pilgrims' Complaint: A Study of Popular Thought in the Early Tudor North (Catholic Christendom, 1300-1700)
- Portsmouth's World War One Heroes: Stories of the Fallen Men and Women (World War Heroes)
Extra info for Access to History: Protest, Agitation and Parliamentary Reform in Britain 1780-1928 for Edexcel
Access to History: Protest, Agitation and Parliamentary Reform in Britain 1780-1928 for Edexcel by Michael Scott-Baumann